SIRE Life Sciences® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
The companyOur client is a professional Pharmaceutical organization, based in Baden-Württemberg Germany. World Leading Pharmaceutical Company
Role descriptionThe IT & Automation Manager will report directly to the Site Director and will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team on site. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership and business process alignment through the delivery and maintaining of Manufacturing Operational information and Automation systems, in addition to liaising (working) with Global Enterprise applications and Infrastructure services team ensuring successful delivery of the site’s infrastructure information systems. The successful candidate would sustain, improve operations and execute projects in a fast paced, multi-disciplined, cross-functional team environment.
Responsibilities• Propose, implement and sustain the Site's information and automation systems ensuring delivery of robust sustainable systems solutions that meet business and harmonised enterprise needs.
• Management of relationship between the business site leadership and global IT organisation ensuring internal customer expectations are met in alignment of enterprise and site strategic roadmaps.
• Deliver proposals on the development of the information and automation systems to facilitate the optimisation of the expertise of the plant
• Accountable for IT and automation long term strategic delivery to site leadership team with a 3-5 year vision of execution
• Provide expert guidance on new technologies and emerging IT & automation trends for process and business reengineering
• Liaise with Global Enterprise, Infrastructure and Quality system teams ensuring high standards of service delivery and engage to influence continuous improvement opportunities for site operations
• Ensure security, compliance and data integrity regulatory standards are maintained across all site technology systems
• Support and provide domain expertise to site on GxP, data integrity, data Security as well as internal & external audits
• Understand current system design and partner with key stakeholders (Global Manufacturing and Engineering Services, Enterprise Application Services, Quality Systems, Global Automation, Infrastructure Services, and Operations) and site leadership to deliver ‘futureproof’ ideas and solutions to ensure ongoing effective delivery of operations
• Establish and manage a high performing staff by recruiting, training, coaching and developing employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance in support of Talent philosophy
• Facilitate internal resources and outside vendors in developing technical solutions for automated equipment. Interface with equipment vendors to ensure successful machine delivery, integration and manufacturing validation
• Support product, platform and cost improvement programs by delivering qualified vision systems and acquisition software, machine controls and PLC/SCADA software. Interface with SQA, QA and Operations groups to successfully validate software systems,
Requirements• Relevant degree in IT, Mechatronics, Electronics, Computer Science or similar
• 8+ years relevant industry experience Exposure to FDA, HPRA, GMP, 21CFR11, safety and environmental legislation (Experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred)
• 5+ years proven track record in delivering IT & automation solutions in similar environment
• 3+ years + project management experience – proven record of cross functional project delivery
• 3+ years leadership experience – direct reporting with demonstrated ability to motivate and develop team
• Systems background: ERP, MES, Data Historian (OSI PI), Chromatography (Empower) and laboratory management systems
• SCADA/DCS an advantage
• Knowledge of Quality Assurance, SLC, Compliance and Data Integrity
• Ability to manage and support manufacturing layer Infrastructure in conjunction with global teams
• Have the ability to make clear and courageous decisions
• Be able to influence key stakeholders at site and global level in the company