SIRE® is the market leader in life science recruitment. We believe the recruitment market needs to gear up in technology and continues innovation. We like technology, in a life science market driven on science, we couldn’t stay behind; we drive Recruitment Science. Investing a majority of our turnover in technology enables us to use unique Resource Technologies. By using highly advanced algorithms, we enable our team of Resource & Data Strategists© to maintain the most advanced, detailed and complete Life Sciences network in Europe. This big data enables us to work Reverse Recruitment©: we first analyze the market in-depth before we go out to the market. Because we analyze the whole market, we can compare facts and data. This enables us to do Facts & Big Data Recruitment©, making sure we, or better yet, you find the right career!
The companyOur client is a professional FMCG and Food organization, based in Utrecht Netherlands. As the only Recruitment Partner we work this position exclusively for our large client in de FMCG industry. Reducing the environmental footprint is an important global goal for this multinational. Product Life Cycle Management, Predictive Modelling and Big Data Analytics are at the heart of the transformation for the R&D department.
Role descriptionIn this role you will manage a team of 4.
The mission in this role is to increase R&D Productivity and speed to market. The focus will be on the total product offering to the consumer and therefore include formulation and packaging.
Digital R&D (DRD) uses Data Analytics & Information Technology to enable the transformation of R&D ways of working.
Statistics & Data Science team is equipped with skills to apply Experimental design, advanced data analytics, modelling & simulation to improve data driven decision making in R&D with a view to driving efficiency and productivity in knowledge creation.
The DRD team engages with R&D categories to translate business problems to data and modelling requirements and work closely with partners in IT to implement the data capture, analysis and modelling solutions.
As an expert in Data Science/Statistics/Predictive Modelling & Simulation you have a passion for:
- Constantly improve R&D Processes and replace repetitive experiments
- Design of experiments (DoE) & Statistical Process Control (SPC), Predictive Modelling
- Dealing with big data, data preprocessing, automation & Visualization
Responsibilities- Provide analytics data science thought leadership to R&D. Especially Foods category and Packaging Capability
- Develop data models and simulations in an R&D context and working with multidisciplinary teams to design and implement efficient, well focused, statistically fit for purpose experiments and modelling strategies in product design, consumer science, packaging and manufacturing
- Leading team of 3-5 expert statisticians/data scientists, providing thought leadership and driving delivery of the team.
- Raise understanding of data sciences in R&D (specifically Foods & Packaging), identify opportunities to create impact on the innovation program and provide training to the R&D community.
RequirementsA must have:
- Master/PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Bio Science
- +5 years experience in an engineering industry (Life Sciences, automotive, etc.) and working with R&D
- +2 years experience in managing a team and external stakeholders
- Analytics software experience and machine learning
- English is a must
A big plus:
- Working knowledge of statistical packages as SAS, JMP or R, Python, Analytics.
- CAE (Computer Aided Engineering)
- Programming skills for data manipulation
- Network of experts (for example contacts with university)
Other information10% of travelling, mostly in Europe.
50% of the time you will focus on developing analytics. 50% shaping and defining the program, influencing stakeholders and working/leading cross functionally.